TEI’s Data Center contains the following:
- Security: The TEI data center is secured by
an ADT-monitored alarm system that automatically contacts police/fire/staff
if an intrusion or over-temperature condition exists. Servers
are monitored by a remote monitoring computer that detects server
outages and immediately contacts staff. All TEI systems are online
24 hours a day. We are firewall protected and perform a security
- Backup: Daily tape backups are taken of critical
databases and weekly DVD backups are taken of non-mission critical
data. Three generations of backups are kept and stored in a local
area bank vault. All of TEI’s servers, switches, routers
and modems are powered by uninterruptible power systems.
- Virus detection and protection: All TEI workstations
run Norton Anti-Virus with the latest virus definitions. Additionally,
all security maintenance is continuously applied to the TEI servers,
helping to minimize vulnerability to outside network-based intrusion.
- Network: TEI has eight Windows 2000 servers
that handle E-mail, Web, ftp, E-mail backup, DNS and access authentication.
Fiber has been installed from Time Warner and TDS MetroComm, which
allows TEI to provide its Internet customers with the best in
high-speed Internet access. Additionally, TEI is multi-trunked
for Internet load balancing and outage backup.
- Database: TEI’s databases are fully Internet
integrated. Its current Web-interfaced application suite includes
- Member’s Only Web page authentication.
- Member Information Update
- Member Enrollment
- Survey and Elections
- Vendor/Education database
- Online Renewals
- Chapter Information Directory
- Online Conference Enrollment
- Online Association and Chapter statistics
- Job Postings